We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking to strengthen our team of electrical engineers working for customers in the UK on the detailed design and specification of power networks from LV up to and including 132kV.
Ideally with a recognised qualification in electrical engineering, you will have trained in the planning and design of electrical networks, including protection and connections designs, at voltages up to and including 132 kV – and have a year or two of experience putting your qualifications and training into practice.
If you are a new or recent graduate in electrical engineering, looking to gain practical experience and build a career in power engineering, we should also like to hear from you.
The initial work package is likely to comprise:
- Detailed design of substations from LV up to and including 132kV;
- Producing LV and HV Point of Connection (POC) designs;
- Using Windebut and other software packages to model LV connections;
- Communicating and engaging directly with internal staff and customers;
- Contestable and non-contestable protection designs. Processing Design Approvals from Independent Connections Providers (ICPs); and
- Dealing with competition in connection (CiC) enquiries and producing offers within set timescales.
The above responsibilities will further develop into power system studies and protection design.
This job is open only to those with a confirmed right to live and work in the UK. There will be an occasional requirement to visit or work at customers’ sites; you will therefore need to hold a licence which enables you to drive in the UK. The successful candidate will initially be employed on a contract basis with a potential to full-time employment.
We accept applications or expressions of interest only from individuals – not agencies, head hunters or other third parties.
We are building our business on a commitment to technical excellence, shared ownership in a competitive and challenging environment. For more information about us please see www.energypeople.co.uk.